hi beauties ❤
So what are BB Creams? Essentially BB Creams or Blemish Balm Creams are a Korean Concept, they are supposed to be multi use products combining moisturization, anti ageing, concealing, mattifying, as well as giving you all the benefits of sunblock and a tinted moisturizer. Maybelline BB Cream is not really a true BB Cream in the Korean sense, but lets judge it on its own merit of what it delivers…
BB cream, also known as Blemish Balm, Blemish Base or Beblesh Balm, is a cosmetic item sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia. Originally formulated in Germany it was initially used by dermatologists to help laser surgery patients protect, soothe and refine highly sensitive skin while providing light coverage for post-laser scars, acne and other blemishes. BB creams come in a variety of different formulations and qualities. Some are said to have skin whitening or brightening properties. Others are said to be anti-acne or anti-wrinkle, some are intended to even out skin tone, and yet others to lighten blemish scars. BB creams are sometimes used like a primer under foundation, and if tinted may supposedly replace foundation and some newer ones are advertised as having functions of primer, foundation, moisturizer, sun block, pore minimization and skin refining together, making them an economic skin care solution.
Brands on the market aside others include BRTC – Bio Remedies Therapeutic Cosmetic, Dr. Jart, Lioele, Skin Food,Etude, The Face Shop, Missha and SKIN79.
Product reviewed-Maybelline Clearglow Bright Benefit Cream
Shade reviewed-01 NUDE
Price– Rs 199 for 18ml
shelf life-36 months
Enriched with a blend of effective ingredients i.e. fairness complex, skin brightening minerals & moisturizer, Maybelline Clear Glow Bright Benefit Cream offers 8 skin-transforming benefits.
- Instantly brightens: Brightens skin to one tone lighter.
- Protects with SPF 21/ PA+++: Has a smooth, light and non-greasy texture.
- Evens tone: Hides imperfections and corrects uneven skin tone.
- Hydrates: Moisturises all day(8 hours).
- Conceals: Perfectly conceals flaws, blemishes & redness.
- Smoothes: Instantly makes skin softer & smoother.
- Mattifies : Controls shine all day.
- Freshens: Resists sweat & sebum for 5 hours.
- Easy to use, dermatologist tested, won’t clog pores, suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
Packaging– it comes in a really adorable metallic pink cap with a teal blue body,.It has a narrow, nozzle tip for dispensing the cream. The tube is a small-sized one and very compact, which makes it travel friendly .
Smell-Light nice flowery and a sweetsmell…i love the smell of bb cream
First of all, i use the shade Nude which is apparently the darkest shade, but its a really good shade match for my medium skin, which makes me wonder what shade the very dusky girls would wear. The consistency is slightly thicker than other tinted moisturizers.
The Maybelline Clearglow BB Cream is tinted like a foundation and has lotion-like consistency, neither too thick nor runny. It’s a lightweight, water-based cream and blends amazingly into the skin in no time, just like a moisturiser.It really great for combination type for skin and gives off a dewy finish. It also provides pretty decent coverage- not like that of a foundation , but perfect for everyday wear- you can definitely see that your skin is more even with all your splotchiness and discoloration sort of hidden, and with a glowy finish.
Directions to use–
- Use on a perfectly cleansed skin.
- Just squeeze out a little BB Cream ob your palm and then apply in spots over your forehead, chin and cheeks.
- Use your finger tips to blend the cream all over your face with short, quick strokes.
Thumbs Up 👍 –
- Evens out my complexion
- travel friendly cute and adorable packaging…
- Gives a very light coverage that is apt for daily / routine makeup.
- Brightens and lightens the face without leaving whitish cast.
- Offers a healthy glow to your face.
- Includes SPF 21
- Doesn’t make skin too oily or greasy even after hours of application…
- Reasonably priced…
- Has fruity, pleasant, slight fragrance.
- Doesn’t cause breakouts or clog pores.
Thumbs down 👎 –
*Limited shade selection.
*The quantity you get in one tube is a little less. It won’t last you more than 20-25 days when used daily.
Rating– 5/5 🙂
would i repurchase it?
yes i will…its a BB cream worth trying..i absolutely love it!!
You can follow me at-:)