This is winter time and a very common time to develop rough patches on skin and frequently chapping lips. Yes, we all love those fancy colorful products but at times, it is nice to go back to products that have been trusted for generations One such age old cream is Boroline.
I will review Boroline Antiseptic Ayurvedic Cream which is a very old cream that I have heard that my mum had used when she was a kid. This cream is a very popular. This use to be the best antiseptic cream at every cheap price at that time and I got it recently to cherish the same love that I have when my grand mum used to apply this antiseptic cream on me.
PRODUCT REVIEWED– BOROLINE ANTISEPTIC AYURVEDIC CREAM
PRICE-Rs 10 for 7 gm ( 0.15usd)
What it Claims?
Works Wonders to-
- Smoothen Cracked Lips
- Cure Cuts & Wounds
- Soften Elbows & Abraded Skin
- Cure Cracked Heels
- Soften Nail Cuticles
- Heal Post-operative Stiches
- Cure General Skin Infections
- Smoothen Dry & Chapped Skin
How to Use Boroline/Direction to use
- Clean the skin well and then apply Boroline – gently massaging in the cream.
- Warming up Boroline and using it in molten state increases its efficacy – specially in curing skin infections.
- In case the cut is open and deep, it is advisable to apply Boroline only when the cut has closed and begun to dry up. During early stages apply Suthol and keep the cut covered and dry.
Where Not to Use Boroline
- Do not use Boroline on pimples which occur due to excessive oil secretion. Boroline being oily itself will aggravate the problem.
- Do not apply Boroline on very deep wounds, which are raw and weeping. Keep such wounds dry and covered, preferably washing with Suthol twice a day and using medication as per Doctor’s advice. Cover with cotton and a clean gauge that allows air circulation.
TEXTURE & CONSISTENCY
The consistency of the cream is very thick. It does not melts easily & appears to be of stiff & sticky texture with white in color.
It is available in tube form and lip balm shaped green plastic case ,both of which are totally travel-friendly 🙂
Boroline Antiseptic Ayurvedic Cream is manufactured by GD Pharma and has remained exactly the same since it’s very introduction apart from the packaging. This is an all purpose cream for minor cuts and bruises to dry and chapped lips to dry patches of skin that occur often in winter. Boroline Antiseptic Ayurvedic Cream contains boric acid, that works as a mild antiseptic. Then there is zinc oxide, which is an astringent and also promotes healing of wounds. Lastly there are white petroleum jelly and anhydrous lanolin that give this cream is emollient and moisturizing properties.. The name of this cream is derived from its ingredients, Boroline Antiseptic Ayurvedic Cream is combination of essential oils, waxes and its remarkable antiseptic properties are a result of boric powder and zinc oxide.
I normally use this cream on my lips but one could use it anywhere in dry areas like feet, elbows, cuticles etc. Whenever I feel my lips to be dry I apply its thick layer on to my lips & leave it overnight & believe me I get to see a huge difference in my lips the next morning. My lips appears atleast 60% less dry & rough than before. Then I continue to use it in winters to protect them.
I can say this from my personnel experience that the Boroline cream can even heal severely chapped bleeding lips also within two days if applied nicely. It can even lighten dark lips to some extent if used regularly but for dryness its works like a charm.The best way to use it is applying its thick layers & leaving it overynight. Using this will definitely make lips smooth & soft. Thus this Boroline cream is definitely the best lip balm I have ever used.
It hydrates skin very well since it is oil based and even contains white petroleum jelly. It has a very long shelf life so, you need not worry about expiry date too. It is dirt cheap. A wonderful product for the price that one has to pay.
Thumbs up 👍 –
- Very effective in healing dry chapped lips and skin
- Shows results overnight in one application.
- Very affordable.
- Easily available at medical stores or local stores
- Easy to carry-travel friendly.
- Best lip balm for dry lips.
Thumbs Down 👎–
- Sticky texture
- should not be used by very oily skinned people
RATING – 4.5/5
YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON- 😀